The Saskatoon Open Door Society is recruiting participants for their February employment readiness classes – Financial Services Preparation, Customer Service & Canadian Essential Workplace Training, and Security Guard Course.
Interested participants may contact Maria Magno, Employment Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-653-4464 ext 367 for more information or to register.
Financial Services Preparation:
Are you an internationally-trained business professional with previous training or experience in the field of banking and finance, customer service, sales and marketing?
The Employer Connections Program of the Saskatoon Open Door Society is pleased to announce that we are holding a 4-week employment-readiness Financial Services Prep class in partnership with RBC Royal Bank.
FSP offers you:
– A smooth transition into the Canadian labour market
– Career exploration in the financial services industry
– Job search guidance, resume, cover letter and interview preparation workshop
– A speed mentoring session
Who can join?
– Newcomers who are eligible to work in Canada
– Must speak, read, and write English at CLB level 6+
– With work experience in a business-related field
– With post secondary education in a non-regulated profession (i.e. banking, finance, administration)
– Committed to attend classes for 4 weeks
Space is limited to 12 participants. We will conduct information sessions on the following dates:
January 20th (Tuesday), at 11:00 am
January 29th (Thursday) at 10:00 am
Classes start February 2, 2015, 9:30am – 3:30pm
Customer Service & Canadian Essential Workplace Training
We are pleased to announce that we are holding a Customer Service & Canadian Essential Workplace Training
in partnership with Tim Hortons.
Phase One of training will take place at 100-129 3rd Ave North
January 26-28 from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Phase Two will be on site at Tim Hortons
Who can attend?
Candidates must be
Job Ready, 18+ years, and have at least CLB 4
Space is limited to 10 participants.
Register quickly and we will let you know as soon as possible if you have been selected.
Saskatchewan Justice Security Guard Course
In partnership with GARDAWORLD, the Employer Connections Program of the Saskatoon Open Door Society is pleased to announce that we are holding a 40-hour Saskatchewan Justice regulated, lecture-based course which is mandatory for new applicatns entering into the security industry in the province of Saskatchewan.
Training is February 17th through to February 27th, 2015, Mon-Fri., 8:30am-12:00pm (noon), at the 1st Floor of the Macro Property Building, 115 1st Ave North.
Space is limited to 15 participants. So please get on the waiting list quickly and we will let you know as soon as possible if you have been selected.
Who can join?
– 18 years old or older
– Valid Class 5 driver’s license is recommended but not mandatory
– CLB 5+
– Committed to 100% attendance
– Training Fee for Open Door clients is $200, required before class starts