VVCA October board meeting took place Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at Brunskill School library. Thanks to all those that came out.
Here is a brief overview of some items of discussion:
– Clarence and Temperance intersection (as discussed in September’s meeting) will not be changing. It conforms to Transportation of Canada guidelines and accident data is low.
– decision about Main and Clarence intersection change is anticipated next month at council.
– College Corridor Plan is held up due to discussions between BRT team and landowners along College Drive. Another round of public input is still anticipated this year on public realm and pen space design.
– City will groom ski trail at Grosvenor Park only this winter. VVCA is getting a quote for an individual to groom a trail in President Murray Park.
– Workbee held at the rink on Saturday got about half the rink complete. Another workbee is scheduled for Saturday October 29.
– will be adding some metal pipe supports behind bulged netting at ends of rink.
– THANK YOU to volunteers who mowed and removed weeds in the rink area!
– VVCA still looking for volunteers to assist with snow clearing and flooding the rink this winter.
– winter programming coming up. Two new art classes will be added. Registration in January.
– looking for an instructor to teach Learn to Skate program.
– new soccer coordinator will be starting soon.
– basketball program needs coaches. Teams are finalized, with 6 teams from VV.
– community garden got a new-to-them shed and bins from another community garden that shut down.
– small stakeholder meeting about car noise and nuisance from Grosvenor Park Shopping Centre will take place hopefully next week. Date and venue yet to be determined.
– repeated concerns about vandalism and crime in neighbourhood.
– VVCA to purchase tent for outdoor events. Partial reimbursement from City for awareness items.
– VVCA looking good financially. December will see payment of program instructors.
Next meeting: Wednesday November 16, 7PM, Brunskill School library.