Helping guide the journey from adolescence to adulthood for individuals with autism or other neurological differences.
Launch into Life! Workshops provide parents, caregivers, and professionals support in creating an Individualized Transition Plan, and are an opportunity to develop goals, learn about community resources, and connect with others.
Workshop participants are provided with valuable information about the following topics:
- Understanding and preparing for key transitions across the lifespan.
- Managing health and mental health issues in autism and other neurological differences.
- Navigating the change from pediatric to adult health and support care systems.
- Finding the right social and recreational programs in the community
- Creating a shared vision for the future.
- Developing life and vocational skills.
- Exploring volunteer and work opportunities.
- Understanding housing and supportive programming options in adulthood.
- Legal and Financial issues including guardianship and program funding.
If you would like to get started on transition planning, call 306.652.4114 ext. 4 or email mailto:email@example.com for more information on our Launch into Life! Workshop series.
Next Available Workshop Series Dates – Friday, May 24, 2019 – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm ~ Saturday, May 25, 2019 – 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Cost – $75 per family/caregiver or professional (includes program materials, Transition Guide)
Presenter – Katelyn Lowe, Sinneave Family Foundation, Calgary, AB
Location – Learning Disabilities Association of Saskatchewan, 2221 Hanselman Court
Register – 306.652.4114 ext. 4