Special Projects Update: Making Dreams a Reality in Varsity View and Grosvenor Park
Firstly, a big thank you to those of you who shared your views of our community the past few months. By consulting residents through dialogue, our website, and email, we built a clear picture of what residents would support in our community. Your feedback
put a strong emphasis on enriching public spaces, which is certainly a theme we will embrace.
Projects we are advancing through proposals, partnerships, and grant requests:
- Functional art/seating area spaces in Raoul Wallenberg park (in partnership with Congregation Agudas Israel) and other parks.
- Upgrades to Albert Recreational Park (in partnership with Nutana Community Association).
- Playground upgrades to Brunskill School (in partnership with the school community).
- A litter reduction project.
- A heritage trail and signage.
As grants and partnerships are finalized in the coming months, we will tell residents more about these projects and will be asking for your financial support to enhance the beauty, uniqueness, and opportunity of our neighbourhood.
I encourage you to join us at our AGM April 16th to share your views on these ideas for our community (and also to discuss a slight change to our constitution, intended to bring the length of notice of our AGM in line with The Non-Profit Corporations Act).
Get involved in making a difference!