In the 2020 construction season (May – October), an important water main construction project will occur on Clarence Avenue from College Drive to 8th Street East and on Aird Street from Clarence Avenue to Munroe Avenue. A letter was recently sent to those residents adjacent to the work area notifying them about this upcoming project.
The project occurring next construction season on Clarence Avenue and Aird Street is still in the planning stages so information is limited at this time. In the meantime, until more information becomes available we recommend that community members sign up to receive project updates prior to and during this project. To sign up, email the City at email@example.com and provide your name, address and contact information.
The replacement of older water mains and the lead service lines (lead pipes) that deliver the water services into homes in Saskatoon’s most established neighbourhoods is a priority for the City. In 2017, the City committed to removing all lead pipes by the end 2026.
The water main and lead pipe replacement project scheduled to occur in your neighbourhood next construction season will include the following infrastructure improvements:
• Replacement of 780m of water main
• Replacement of 48 lead pipe
• Restoration of roadways, resulting in smooth, ‘like new’ road surface
• Rehabilitation of sidewalks.
Over the next several months, the City will provide opportunities for residents to learn more about this important infrastructure project:
• For all residents who have lead pipes, a City representative will be in touch with you over the next couple of weeks to discuss the details and anticipated impacts of this work.
• In early 2020, an information session will be held in your neighbourhood where you will have an opportunity to learn more about the project and ask any questions you may have. • Prior to construction beginning, you will receive a construction notice with important information about the project.