City of Saskatoon Community Recreation has revamped the Winter Play Program for 2020. Throughout January and March there will be 6 learn-to sessions offered for children and youth between the ages of 6-12. The sessions are intended to engage children and youth in physical activities while developing new and improved skills in classic Canadian or Indigenous winter sports. All equipment is provided. All programs are free to participate in.
The learn-to sessions include:
- Snowshoe Making (10-12 yrs)- Tuesday, January 21 from 5:30-8:30pm at the Saskatoon Indian & Metis Friendship Centre
- Learn-to-Curl (8-12 yrs)-Monday, January 27 (PD Day for Public Schools) from 1:00-5:00pm at CN Curling Club
- Learn-to-Snowshoe (6-12 yrs)- Saturday, February 1 from 1:00-4:00pm at Dr. Seager Wheler Park Rec Unit
- Learn-to-Snowskate (6-12yrs)- Saturday, February 8 from 1:00-4:00pm at Greystone Heights Rec Unit
- Learn-to-Altai Skis (6-12 yrs)- Sunday, February 9 from 1:00-4:00pm at Montgomery Park Rec Unit
- Learn-to-Curl (8-12 yrs)- Monday, March 9 (PD Day for Public Schools) from 1:00-5:00pm at CN Curling Club