Overview of discussion at our January 18 2023 VVCA board meeting at Brunskill School.
– possible City rezoning coming to Varsity View to increase density of housing along College Corridor.
– ski trail at Grosvenor Park is great. Has been groomed four times this winter already. Signage asking people to not walk on the trails has been installed by a user. Possibly do another grooming soon – City will evaluate.
– new extension to RPP is in place with new signage. Residents are happy to be able to park near their homes again. But, there is an awareness of difficulties of parking for health services workers. Solutions??
– VVCA 40th anniversary will be noted in 2025!
– concept plan for small park near D’Lish (in Nutana) is close to completion. Hopefully construction will begin in 2023. Members hope some recognition/commemorative signage will be installed in memory of Cathy Watts.
– Albert Community Centre has secured some federal and civic funding for building upgrades.
– outdoor spring soccer will be done online via soccer RAMP site beginning February 1.
– rink is great. Thank you to all the volunteers!
– new newsletter coordinator to begin in the spring
– all scheduled programs are running, except for two new ones which did not get enough registrants. Learn to skate will go ahead later in January.
– Cost as a barrier program to be promoted more. Written policy to be created.
– new badminton birds to be purchased.
– spring program registration discussion.
– Water catchment projects in Grosvenor Park likely to happen in 2025. More detail from City maybe this year, or in 2024.
– discussion about needed sidewalk construction in VV.
– next meeting Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 (to be confirmed)