We know keeping kids healthy is hard — MEND empowers children and families to become fitter, healthier and happier!
Learn how to make healthier lifestyle choices for your entire family. Check out MEND!
MEND 2-4 (2 to 4 year olds)
MEND 5-7 (5 to 7 year olds)
MEND 7-13 (7-13 year olds)
MEND is a is a FREE program for families and children ages 2 to 13. The mission of MEND is to inspire children, families and adults to lead and sustain fitter, healthier and happier lives. MEND programs are designed for specific age groups and provide a supportive environment for families to interact, learn skills to change behavior, and make healthy lifestyle choices through healthy eating and increased physical activity.
You will learn about:
· Healthy eating and mealtime habits
· How to read food labels
· What serving sizes look like
· Building self esteem
· Active play
· Positive parenting
· Behavior change strategies
· Healthy growth
MEND offers programs for the following:
· MEND 2-4 is a perfect program if you have a picky or fussy eater! The MEND 2-4 program uses play-based learning plus behavioural and parenting skills training (Mind) to help families become physically active (Exercise) and make informed food choices (Nutrition). It’s all based within a practical, fun and supportive philosophy of inspiring and motivating change (Do it!) in a community setting. The program runs once per week over 10 weeks. Each session is 90 minutes long
· MEND 5-7 program is a healthy lifestyle program for 5-7 year olds who are at risk of, or are above a healthy weight and their families. The program empowers children and families to gain skills to make healthy lifestyle choices around healthy eating, physical activity and self-confidence. The program has 10 sessions spread over 10 weeks. Each session is 1 hour and 45 minute long. Families will learn healthy eating and mealtime routines, reading food labels, what serving and healthy portions look like and being an active family!
· MEND 7-13 is a healthy lifestyle program for 7 to 13 year olds who are above a healthy weight. MEND 7-13 program combines physical activity, healthy eating and behaviour change to facilitate safe, effective weight management and lasting lifestyle change. MEND 7-13 is not a diet and does not encourage rapid width loss. Families learn skills and information that support long-term lifestyle changes. Families are better equipped to feel fitter, healthier and happier for the rest of their lives. It involves two – 1 or 2-hour sessions every week for eight weeks.
Details can be found on the MEND web site www.kinesiology.usask.ca