Seedy Saturday is an annual family-friendly eco-fair, promoting seed-saving, gardening, biodiversity and sustainable living.
Seedy Saturday Saturday March 14th, 2020 1120 20th St West from 10 am – 3pm featuring seed-savers, seeds for purchase or trade, informational workshops, children’s activities, and optional café lunch for purchase. Admission is $5 for adults or by donation.
Brought to you by CHEP Good Food Inc. See our Facebook event page for more details and updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/425028638163743/
As soon as the roads are dry in early spring, the City begins a spring sweeping blitz to remove heavier dirt and debris that gathers over the winter. In May, yellow No Parking signs are posted on scheduled streets to notify drivers of upcoming curb-to-curb sweeping through residential neighbourhoods.
What to expect:
– Street sweeping will occur on high-traffic and arterial streets in April, going around parked vehicles, in order to collect as much road debris from as many streets as possible (see Street Sweeping Blitz below).
– City-wide residential sweeping begins on May 8 on streets posted with yellow “No Parking” signs (see Street Sweeping Interactive Map).
– School Zones will be swept during the daytime as part of the scheduled neighbourhood (see School Zones below).
– As a pilot this year, the Priority Streets in seven neighbourhoods will be posted for No Parking and swept curb-to-curb ahead of their neighbourhood schedule. These streets will be available for on-street parking in May and June when adjacent streets are swept (A pilot study is underway in seven neighbourhoods as part of a plan to speed up street sweeping residential areas. For the first time, priority roads in Avalon, Dundonald, Greystone Heights/Grosvenor Park, Hudson Bay Park, Massey Place, North Park and Westview were swept curb-to-curb during the pre-sweep in April. With these streets now clean, residents can use them for on-street parking while residential areas are being swept).
– Business Improvement Districts are swept overnight between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on the first Tuesday and Wednesday of each month.
– Street Sweeping Service Alerts will be issued if there is a change to the schedule.
How to help:
– Watch for yellow No Parking signs beginning in May and remove your vehicle by 7 a.m. on the posted sweeping day to avoid a ticket and/or relocation to a nearby street. Check Find My Vehicle! if your vehicle is moved.
– Report locations where residents have illegally pushed excessive leaves onto the street to the Bylaw Inspector at 306-975-3193. City Bylaw Inspectors will investigate and violators may receive a fine.
Saskatoon Street Sweeping
The Varsity View Community Association presents
Sweep Into Spring: Back Alley Clean-up
Saturday May 7, 2016
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Free dump site for: scrap metal, furniture, electronics, yard waste, tires, tree branches, and all other back alley debris.
Location: Brunskill School parking lot (to be confirmed)
Come out early for orientation and safety training and enjoy some hot chocolate and donuts. And stay late and enjoy the celebratory BBQ at the end.
If you have a truck and would like to volunteer, please contact the VVCA.